Monday, June 4, 2007

35 week appt w /OBGYN

Well, for what looks to be my last prenantal appt, it went pretty good. I was told that my cervix had not changed from a 1 cm 2 weeks earlier. So that was good news. Next thing the doctor told me was I have an anterior placenta( if any "medical terms" confuse anyone, Google it), which apparently is not good for a c-section, since it is in front of the incisions area, and that would mean the surgeon cutting through it. The other problem, is that besides it being it the way, it could be attached from the adhesion's and or just really stuck to the uterine wall. This is called placenta accreta. So thus taking it out can either cause lots of bleeding and require a blood transfusion and/or a possible hysterectomy. The doc, also said my Red blood cell count was not very high, so I might lose to much and it be more of a problem then normal situations. so needless to say, the doc advised us that either I tie my tubes now or Mark does in the fall, but i am not to have another surgery down there, so basically she is telling us that their are more risks involved with this delivery, that it would be wise to stop now. So after praying for a few months now about this, we feel this is our answer to our prayers, as far as whether we are to continue adding numbers to our family or not. This may not sit well with some of you, But most of you now the struggles I've been having and I guess my body doesn't want me to do this anymore, So I guess its time to listen to it. I'm writing this down, so I can have something to remember why we made the decision and how we felt about it, it will still be in our prayers until next week when they do the Amnio to test for the Fetal lung maturity (FLM) and if it is positive, we will be having the baby or at least surgery at 8am, so sometime that morning "Cadyn Bailey" will enter this world. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers in our behalf, we really do feel the love of our friends and family as we go through this trying time. But we know that as long the Lord is with us and condones our decision, then we are happy. Love you all and will continue to use this to keep you updated on our family...hopefully

1 comment:

Tami Rivera said...

My thoughts are with your family, Maren. It must be a hard time with such a big decision to make. You have a beautiful family and cutie pie girls! I am sure you love being a mother to them and look forward to raising them. It is comforting to know the Lord knows your struggles as well as what you need and it is always nice to know that he has a plan for us as we go through hard times. Take care, and say hi to your family.

Maren and Mark Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones