Monday, April 7, 2008

Our new Prophet and Motherhood

Well, I actually was able to watch most of Sunday conference, and I really liked Bro. Ballards, talk about Mother's. I have been reading a book I purchased at last year's Time Out for Couples, called The Parenting Breathkthrough, by Merilee Boyack. It basically talks about how to teach your kids to be independent capable adults, who know how to save and budget money. Alot of it I will use as my girls get older, but a lot of the money things, were good for Mark and I. But I have been really thinking and pondering a lot in the last few weeks about the job of Parenting, and the role and impact it plays on the lives of our children. These sweet spirits, that the Lord has entrusted to us to raise, nurture, teach, love, support, and hopefully build a strong enough foundation to be able to return to live with him. ( Sometimes, I think, what were you thinking Lord, I can't handle this, I barely have my own life in order, and now you want me to be responsible for more souls). But with trying to increase our spirituality in general as a family, couple and personally, it has been on my mind, the majority of my days. I have been making goals and starting new routines with the kids such as chores, FHE, reading the scriptures, and nightly prayers. And I would be doing a good job without the help of a very supportive spouse. But what made me feel real good this morning, was when I was making a bottle for the baby, Aimee was finishing a puzzle on the floor she started last night, and I was singing " I am a Child Of God" The girls watched a little of conference and we had a packet that a friend sent me to do with the kids and that helped keep the girls in the room ands at least hearing the speakers. But Aimee could tell who the prophet was by then end of the morning. We had talked about that at the last FHE and I think she was starting to recall what we were saying. So, despite my shortcomings as a mother, housewife and maid, If my kids grow up with a love for the savior and this gospel, then I will feel very accomplished, and not care that the house wasn't spotlessly cleaned every day.

1 comment:

JennaK said...

they sure seemed to talk a lot about motherhood this time. I say, it's about time they finally address it again!

Maren and Mark Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones