Monday, March 3, 2008

week 1 on Atkins

So after a weird, hard week on Induction on the Atkins diet, I have managed to lose 9lbs and 3 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my hips, which makes me very thrilled. However I have decided that I will stop Atkins on Sat, after my 2 weeks are through, and start to eat more sensibly, since me and mark are going to to the gym 3 x a week and Pilate's 2x a week at home, I feel that the diet is not the healthiest for you, in term of long term. I was reading in a health book, for the 8week class I'm taking online, to finish up my degree and the chapters I happened to be reading are on nutrition, managing weight and fitness. So after reading most of it, I told Mark I wan to get off Atkins and just eat better. So we'll see. I read about how your body reacts to the Yo Yo dieting, and so I want to set new goals for ourselves, by setting a 5 lb a month loss, if we can manage that. I will be pretty happy. We want to let our bodies work for us, not against us.
I have some other exciting news, I received my first calling in our new ward as a Compassionate service Leader Asst. The Relief Society told me in passing, that she will gives us further instructions soon, and that she wants to assign me all the babies being born. Which in our young ward, that in an of its self, is a huge feat of responsibility. So I am sure I will be very busy. I look forward to getting to know the sisters in the ward and helping them through this fun new experience. wow kinda sound like what I want to do as nurse. The Lord really does act in mysterious ways. Well enjoy and keep checking back for new news from the Graffs

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Maren. Good to hear that things are going good for you guys out there. I did the Atkins diet when I was a teenager, and it worked, but it's hard to keep the weight off after you stop. But good for you for going to the gym regularly. I need to do that. Aubrey and I will likely be at my sisters on the 21-24. Maybe we can meet in Chandler or something if it works out. Let me know what you think.

The Noonan Family said...

LOL
I am the Compassionate Service Leader in my ward too! Awe!! Congrats on the weight loss, I have lost 3.6 in my 3 week weight loss!

Maren and Mark Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones